@toolboxtan


Tuesday 8 January 2013

Jake's 13th toolbox for life

My eldest son Jake turns 13 on 1st January 2013. To celebrate him becoming a teenager I have made him a beautiful toolbox that he will have forever. He isn't mad about tools or woodwork but having a handcrafted toolbox will allow him to store his tools as he gets older, and possibly he may love it when he is older.


Toolbox on the table under the green wrapped presents.
This was taken 2 years ago in the workshop, before I had
finished the walls and internal cladding.
The toolbox was made from solid cherry with a sunburst of maple and a
turned walnut handle.

On the inside of the lid I have lasered
a message of love and why I have made
this toolbox.

Stocked with tools in the main compartment.

Twin drawers on either side.

Beautiful sunburst of maple.