@toolboxtan


Saturday 17 November 2012

Finished Canjo - The Rooster

This week has seen the finishing of the Canjo. I've made some errors with it that leads me to only one conclusion, the Canjo is okay but not perfect so I will have to make another.













I am pleased with the look of the Canjo ( Rooster ), the blending of the colour and the wood looks great. The African Padauk was reclaimed as was the Maple and Walnut. I've used cheap pegs and the addition of fret wire is a good idea. I braided some red leather for a strap. The arm rest was added after I had finished the Canjo as after some playing the tin was uncomfortable. The wooden rest feels lovely.

The sound isn't perfect yet so I need to fiddle with it to make sure it sounds its best. I removed a video clip as it wasn't the best. I will try an add a video clip when I have sorted out how the banjo sounds.

I've tweaked the 'Rooster' and I think it sounds lots better. Its holding the tune better as well. Up the neck is never going to be great but it is playable. I've enjoyed playing it late at night without worrying about the neighbours or waking up sleeping boys. So all in all a potential 80% success and all made for under £15, not bad, and it is very light.


YouTube: http://youtu.be/W4yTxOMf-h8