@toolboxtan


Sunday 20 January 2013

My sister Sonia's 40th birthday present.

Today is a lovely snowy day. So the wood burner on and off I go down the garden to make my sister Sonia a birthday present for her 40th.

I am using a piece of wood that I got with the boys on our last camping trip - Wild Eyed Billy Trip 6, The Horsebox.

The Wild Eyed Billy Trips have happened since 2006. Jake, Lorcán and I always go camping. It has to be a fantastic experience that is not the norm! Hence the horsebox, poncho Polish army tents - that leak, Yurts that I set fire to...the story is all being documented in our Wild Eyed Billy Book - that's another blog.
Using some splinted pegs for the joining
of the wood at the corners.

A lovely piece of wood!
All cut and clamped whilst gluing.

I am using this natural bend as part of
the photo frame.


This is a photo of Sonia, me and Lorraine on Sonia's 8th birthday.
I am the one clutching the dolly - very funny!






The  corners have half lap joint
and I have used splints of the
 wood for dowel rods.

Finished with the addition of some vintage chain.
Some tree trunk carving on our
Wild Eyed Billy Trip - The Horsebox.

The poncho tent in the garden. The
boys camped out in it.


The Horsebox in the woods.